Dishwasher error code is often hard to understand and fix, especially when you are using the dishwasher for the first time.
The main purpose of an error code is to alert the user about the issues. Error code is the combination of text digits that can be a maximum of three characters.
LG dishwasher is one of the advanced dishwashers with various advanced features to wash your dishes effectively.
If you are reading this article, you are probably searching for a solution to fix the LG dishwasher nE error code. LG dishwasher nE is a common error code when the motor has some issue.
Today in this article, we will discuss solution and causes that encounters an error code in the dishwasher.
Therefore, make sure to read the article till the end, which will help you understand the exact cause behind the issue.
Why is my dishwasher showing an nE error code?
There are two main reasons that cause your dishwasher to encounter an nE error code. The first issue is the defective motor.
The dishwasher consists of various types of motors for the effective functioning of the machine. If any of these motors fail to complete their task, you will encounter an error code in the dishwasher.
If you encounter this error code after running the dishwasher for a few cycles, there must be a problem with the harness connector terminal.
Another issue behind the issue is a faulty microswitch. IF the dishwasher micro switch is not functioning well, it will fail to reach the main board on the dishwasher, and you will see an error code pop up.
How to fix LG dishwasher nE error code in the home?
As you know, the issue behind the nE error code; now, let’s discuss the solution. I am sure by now you have tried every possible solution to fix the error code.
If the error persists, you might be doing it wrong, or there must be something technical problem inside the dishwasher.
Here, we will discuss some solutions which I recommend you to follow and try on your LG dishwasher.
Check the Wiring
The first thing you can do to inspect the issue is to check the wiring. The dishwasher consists of various types of wires connected to the motor and other dishwasher parts.
If any of these wires are burnt or broken, it can encounter an error code in the dishwasher.
If the wire between the control panel and the motor is broken or burnt, it can be the reason behind the nE error code. Therefore, you need to ensure that the wire is not broken and burnt.
The diverter motor in the LG dishwasher movies the Disc into position so that it can direct water from the upper arms.
The diverter motor is located at the bottom of the dishwasher. Here is the step-wise instruction to check the fault in the diverter motor.
- Turn off dishwasher water and power supply.
- Remove the screw securing the dishwasher on the kitchen cabinet. Pull the dishwasher from the kitchen cabinet and lay it on the floor.
- Now remove the screw securing the bottom access panel. Once you remove the screw, pull the bottom access panel from the dishwasher.
- Check the wire connected to the diverter motor. If it is burnt or broken, you should replace the existing wire with a new one.
- If there is no issue with the wire, secure the bottom access panel and put the dishwasher inside the cabinet.
If the error persists, there must be another issue causing the dishwasher to encounter the nE error code. Therefore, I suggest you check the next solution from the article.
Check diverter motor switch
The diverter motor consists of a wire that helps water direct the water in the dishwasher. Sometimes a faulty diver motor switch can cause an error code in the dishwasher.
The switch is located just beside the motor, and you can easily access it after removing the dishwasher from the cabinet.
If the diverter motor switch is damaged, there is a high chance that your dishwasher will throw an error code in the dishwasher.
You can check the diverter motor using a multimeter. If you have a multimeter, follow the below-given steps to check the motor switch on your dishwasher.
- Remove the power cable from the electric board and remove the garbage disposal pipe from the dishwasher.
- Now remove the screw from the kitchen compartment and remove the dishwasher.
- After removing the dishwasher from the cabinet, lay the dishwasher on the floor.
- Remove the screw securing the bottom access panel from the dishwasher. Pull the plate securing the bottom access panel of the dishwasher.
- Now remove just beside the main motor there; you will see a diverter motor along with a switch.
- Open up the screw securing the diverter motor on the dishwasher and remove the wire connected to the motor.
- Now place the multimeter on the switch and press and pull that metal switch connected with the switch. If the multimeter shows resistance while pulling the switch, it is working fine, and there is no problem.
Similarly, if the switch does not show any reading on the multimeter, there is a problem with the diverter motor switch. You should consider replacing your existing switch from your dishwasher.
In most cases, nE error is encountered by faulty diverter motor in LG dishwasher. The diverter motor in the dishwasher helps move the diverter disc into the position so that it can direct water on the spray arms.
If the diverter motor is faulty then you must replace your existing motor with a new one.
- Remove the power cable from the source and remove the garbage disposal pipe from the drainage.
- Now open the dishwasher door and remove all the dish racks from the dishwasher.
- Open up the screw securing the dishwasher on the kitchen cabinet.
- After removing all the screws, remove the dishwasher from the kitchen cabinet.
- Lay the dishwasher on the floor and put clothes on to prevent scratches on the dishwasher.
- Now remove the screw securing the bottom access panel of your LG dishwasher.
- Once you’ve removed the bottom access panel, remove the screw securing the diverter motor and remove the motor from the dishwasher.
- Now place both the probe of multimeter on diverter motor. If the multimeter is showing a reading, then there is no problem with the motor.
- If the multimeter does not show any kind of reading. You need to replace your existing diverter motor with a new one.
- Clean the microswitch and area around the diverter motor.
- After this, insert the motor shaft into the diverter and secure the motor with the screw.
After you replace your existing diverter motor, restart the dishwasher and see if the error persists or not. If the error persists, check the next solution from the article.
Faulty control panel
A faulty control panel can also escalate the nE error code in the LG dishwasher. The Control panel is an important part of every dishwasher.
Almost every part of the dishwasher is somehow connected to the LG dishwasher. If the dishwasher control panel is malfunctioning, you are more likely to encounter an error code in the dishwasher.
The best way to troubleshoot this issue is to check the wiring inside the LG dishwasher. A multimeter is one of the effective ways to identify the exact issue on the dishwasher control panel. If you don’t know how to use a multimeter to check the faulty control panel then follow the below steps.
- Turn off the power and power supply on your dishwasher.
- Open the dishwasher door and remove six Phillips screws from the dishwasher door.
- Now gently pull the control panel from the dishwasher.
- Now make a proper inspection and ensure the wires connected to the control panel are safe.
- You can also use a multimeter to see if the wire is passing current and signal into the dishwasher control panel or not.
What to do if the error persists?
If there is a technical issue with the dishwasher, you should call dishwasher technicians to fix the issue on your dishwasher.
We have not discussed the technical solution for the nE error code in the above step. Besides this, if the warranty period is not over, I recommend you call the LG service center.
They will repair your dishwasher free of cost. So, check the warranty period on the card you got while buying the dishwasher.
You can still call them and ask about the issue even if the warranty period is over. They will recommend a working solution depending on the problem.
How to prevent LG dishwasher nE error code?
Error codes are very important in every dishwasher as it helps us to troubleshoot the issue on the dishwasher.
There are various types of error codes in LG dishwashers. Each of these error codes indicated a different issue with the dishwasher.
People who don’t have a technical issue can play an important role in fixing issues and errors on dishwashers.
When it comes to preventing error codes, all you can do is use the dishwasher in the recommended setting.
Clean the dishwasher regularly and ensure that no food is clogged on the dishwasher drain filter and drain hose. Last but not least, use the detergent recommended by the dishwasher manufacturer.
- How To Fix LG Dishwasher Error Code OE [In 2 Minutes]
- How to Fix LG Dishwasher Error Code CL [In 2 Minutes]
- How to Fix LG Dishwasher AE error code [In 2 minutes]
- How to fix LG Dishwasher LE Error Code [ In 2 Minutes]
- 5 Reasons of LG Dishwasher Not Draining [Solution]
- How to Fix LG Dishwasher Leaking Problem [ 6 Solutions]
- How to Reset the LG Dishwasher [In 1 Minute]
- 11 Reasons Why LG Dishwasher Not Turning On [Solution]
LG dishwasher nE error code is seen in most dishwashers at some point. If you have proper knowledge about the dishwasher, you can easily fix the issue in your dishwasher.
In the above section, we discussed some of the working solutions to fix the nE error code in the LG dishwasher.
I hope that you have followed each of these solutions in the dishwasher. It is not necessary that these methods work in all dishwasher models.
If it doesn’t work in your model, I suggest you call dishwasher technicians to fix the issue in your dishwasher.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to remove the LG dishwasher bottom panel?
LG dishwasher panel can be easily removed by using screwdrivers. First, I recommend removing the screw securing the dishwasher on the cabinet.
After removing the screw, pull the dishwasher from the cabinet and lay it on the floor.
Now you can easily remove the screw securing the lower access panel of the dishwasher. After removing the screw, pull the panel, and now you can access the LG dishwasher lower panel.
How to identify a faulty motor on my dishwasher?
If the dishwasher motor I faulty or not working properly, you will encounter an error code in the dishwasher.
Sometimes the dishwasher may not encounter an error code. In this case, you can identify it from the sound.
Yes, you can identify a faulty motor from its sound as well. A faulty motor produce humming and buzzing sound.
Therefore, if your dishwasher is producing any kind of weird noise, consider checking the dishwasher thoroughly.
Why does my LG dishwasher stop mid-cycle?
If your dishwasher is stopping during the middle of a cycle, then there must be a problem with the dishwasher door.
The dishwasher door latch is connected with a special type of sensor that sends the signal if the dishwasher door is closed or not.
If the door is not locked properly, you can’t run a cycle on your dishwasher. Similarly, if the dishwashers stop middle of a cycle, I recommend you inspect the dishwasher door latch.
Why does my LG dishwasher smell?
Dishwasher smells are one of the major problems that every dishwasher has. If your LG dishwasher produces a bad smell, there must be clogged food particles inside the drain hose and filter compartment.
If you haven’t a clean dishwasher, there is a high chance your dishwasher will produce a bad smell.
Therefore, I recommend you clean the dishwasher drain hose and drain filter thoroughly to prevent this issue in the future.