Is your dishwasher showing an AE error code? If yes, you are not alone; there are so many users who regularly encounter various error codes while using a dishwasher.
A dishwasher is an electronic piece of equipment; it’s common to have problems like other electronic devices.
But, the problem with dishwashers is they are complex devices, and they are very hard to inspect issues inside the dishwasher.
LG Dishwasher has this advanced self-identifying mechanism that helps you identify issues and problems in the dishwasher.
When it finds out any issues, you will encounter an error code. There are different error codes that you will encounter while using the dishwasher.
Typically an error code consists of a combination of letters and numbers, and each of these combinations of code tells different issues.
Why is the LG dishwasher showing an AE error code?
LG dishwasher AE error code indicates leakage on the dishwasher. LG dishwasher is made up of using various electronics parts and pipes.
If any of these parts are cracked or broken, your dishwasher will indicate an AE error code. There is the various reason that can cause leakage in the dishwasher.
The number one reason for the leakage is a faulty door lock and clogged drain filter. If the dishwasher has any of these issues, it can create leakage in the dishwasher.
Similarly, there are also other reasons that can cause the leakage, but in most cases, faulty door locks and clogged drain filters are the reasons behind the issues.
What is the cause of the LG Dishwasher AE error code?
There are various issues that can cause the AE error code on the LG dishwasher. This section will look into issues that can cause an AE error code on your LG dishwasher and solutions.
Clogged Drain filter
The first issue which can cause leakage in the dishwasher is a clogged drain hose. If your dishwasher filter is clogged, it can also trigger the dishwasher to encounter an error code.
Sometimes, the dishwasher may not locate the clogged issue on the dishwasher. You will only encounter an AE error code in the dishwasher in this situation.
The drain filter filters out all the food particles being washed during the wash cycle. If you haven’t cleaned your dishwasher drain filter for a long time, there might be clogged build-up on your drain filter.
LG dishwasher drain filter is located at the bottom of the dishwasher. You can easily access the dishwasher drain filter by removing the lowermost dish rack.
Follow the below step-wise instruction if you don’t know how to clean the dishwasher drain filter.
- Remove the dishwasher power cord and Turn off the water supply in the dishwasher.
- Open the dishwasher and remove the lower dish rack from the dishwasher.
- After removing it, you can easily access the dishwasher filter compartment.
- Now turn the inner filter counterclockwise using the handle and remove the assembled inner filter.
- Slowly remove the stainless steel filter to prevent wear out or any damage.
- Push the tab with your thumb and remove the stainless steel rim.
- You can easily see the food particles build up on the dishwasher drain filter.
- Clean the filter under the running water and ensure no remaining food particles inside the filter compartment.
- After cleaning the drain filter, reassemble the filter back and follow the same method you followed while removing it.
- 1Turn on the power and water supply in the dishwasher and see if the error persists. If an error does not persist, run the empty cycle, and after this, you can use your dishwasher to do the dishes.
If the issue is on the dishwasher drain filter, then cleaning the drain filter should eliminate the AE error code from the dishwasher.
The above section discussed step-wise instructions to clean the LG dishwasher drain filter. I recommended cleaning the dishwasher drain filter once a month.
Using the wrong detergent
There are a lot of dishwasher detergents in the market; some produce more suds, some less. If you are using a detergent that produces more suds, it can be the issue behind the AE error code.
Detergent and soap are made up of using fatty acids salts which react with water to form bubbles. This helps the dishwasher to remove stubborn food particles from the dishwasher.
When you are using a new detergent, make sure that it is suitable for your dishwasher.
Detergent that is not designed for a dishwasher can build up more suds around the door, creating leakage in the dishwasher.
When it comes to choosing detergent, I recommend you buy what your manufacturer recommends. There are two main types of detergent gel and powder.
Powder detergent contains bleach and enzymes to clean dishes, effectively removing stains from the dishes.
Whereas most gel detergent contains either bleach or enzymes. Therefore, it is recommended to use low suds powder detergent to prevent leakage due to over suds.
Defective float switch
The float in the dishwasher ensures that there isn’t too much water coming into the basin of the dishwasher.
It stores water in a tub, and when it reaches a certain level float switch shuts off the inlet valve to prevent water from coming into the tub.
If the dishwasher’s float switch is damaged, you will see an AE error code on your dishwasher.
The float switch is located on either the left or right side of the dishwasher. You can easily access it by removing your dishwasher’s float switch access panel.
The solution to the defective float switch is replacing the existing float switch with the new one. Besides this, a tub full of water can also cause leakage in the dishwasher.
Therefore, I recommend you check the tub and remove the water if it is filled with water. Here is the step-wise instruction to inspect the dishwasher tub.
- Turn off the water and remove the power supply from your dishwasher.
- Open the dishwasher door and remove all the dish racks. There is a water inlet cover on the left side of the dishwasher.
- Using pliers, remove the inlet cover from the dishwasher and remove the screw securing the dishwasher to the cabinet.
- Pull the dishwasher, lay it on the floor, and put clothes underneath the dishwasher to prevent scratches on the dishwasher.
- On another side of the inlet cover, you will see a float switch.
- Set the multimeter to 0 Ohms and attach the multimeter lead to float switch wires. If the multimeter shows 0 when the float hangs down and shows 1 while lifting. If your float switch is not showing these readings while testing, there must be a problem with your dishwasher float switch.
This is how you can check the dishwasher float switch using a multimeter. If the multimeter is reading 0 while lifting and hanging down, you should replace your float switch.
Replacing the float switch can be a hefty and difficult process. Therefore, I suggest you contact dishwasher technicians to replace your existing float switch with a new one.
Broken Drain hose
A broken drain hose or poorly sealed drain hose is one of the major reasons behind the AE error code.
The sensor will trigger the AE error code when the sensor notices water leaks from the dishwasher drain hose.
The drain hose in the dishwasher plays an important role in passing water to the garbage. The drain hose needs to be connected and sealed properly to prevent leakage in the dishwasher.
Therefore, it is necessary to clean the dishwasher drain hose time on your dishwasher to prevent any kind of leakage-related issue.
If the dishwasher drain hose is broken or damaged, you will notice a water leak from your dishwasher. Follow the below step to check the broken or poorly sealed drain hose.
- Remove the power cable of your dishwasher from the power source and remove the water supply pipe coming into the dishwasher. In addition to this, you should also remove the drain hose from the garbage disposal.
- Now remove the dishwasher from the kitchen cabinet.
- Lay the dishwasher on the kitchen floor, and put soft clothes underneath the dishwasher.
- Now remove the screw securing the lower access plate.
- Pull the plate from the dishwasher and locate the drain hose.
- Now check if the dishwasher drain hose is properly sealed or not. If it is properly sealed, ensure that it is not broken.
- If the drain hose is broken, remove the sealed securing drain hose, remove the broken drain hose, and replace it with a new one.
This is how you should check the LG dishwasher drain hose. I hope that the method has worked well in your dishwasher.
After replacing the new drain hose, reinstall the dishwasher and see if the error persists or not. If the error persists, I recommend you to call technicians to fix the issue with your dishwasher.
What to do if the error persists?
The above section discusses different DIY solutions to fix the issues. If there are technical issues behind the error code, you can’t fix the error with the above-listed solutions.
Therefore I will suggest you call dishwasher technicians. The best way to get rid of the leakage is to call Technicians because they have the proper tools and devices to locate and fix issues.
Apart from this, you can also call the LG service center. Most dishwashers come with warranty support for some time.
If the warranty period of your dishwasher is still valid, then I will suggest you call the dishwasher service center. They will repair the leakage or any kinds of issues without any charges.
- How To Fix LG Dishwasher Error Code OE [In 2 Minutes]
- How to Fix LG Dishwasher Error Code CL [In 2 Minutes]
- How to Fix LG Dishwasher nE Error Code [In 2 Minutes]
- How to fix LG Dishwasher LE Error Code [ In 2 Minutes]
- 5 Reasons of LG Dishwasher Not Draining [Solution]
- How to Fix LG Dishwasher Leaking Problem [ 6 Solutions]
- 11 Reasons Why LG Dishwasher Not Turning On [Solution]
In this article, we discuss the AE error code and its cause and solution in detail. This error code is encountered mainly when there is leakage in the dishwasher.
Besides this, it can also be caused due to faulty door switch and a clogged drain filter.
If the error code is encountered due to a faulty door switch and clogged drain filter. We’ve discussed the step-wise solution for each of the problems.
I hope you have followed the instruction and the error code has been eliminated from your device.
Besides this, if you have any issue related to the LG dishwasher error code. You can share your problem in the comment down below.
Frequently Asked Question
How to reset the LG dishwasher?
Resetting the LG dishwasher is very easy. First of all, need to do is disconnect the power cable from the power source.
Once you remove the power cable, wait for 10-15 minutes and after this, reconnect the power supply to the LG dishwasher.
Now turn on the dishwasher and if you have turned off the circuit breaker, turn it on. After this, press the power button and start the dishwasher in the empty cycle.
Why is the LG dishwasher showing an error code?
Error code indicates some sort of issues inside the dishwasher. The modern dishwasher comes with an automatic error identification system that identifies your dishwasher issues through an error code.
Therefore, if your dishwasher is showing an error code, I recommend you to check the dishwasher user manual.
The dishwasher user manual contains the meaning of every error code and solution.
When to reset the dishwasher?
Almost every electronic device can be reset. Similarly, you can also reset the LG dishwasher and fix minor issues on the dishwasher.
You can reset your dishwasher if it is not working smoothly and lagging while working.
There might be a situation where the dishwasher can stop working in the middle of nowhere.
In this situation, you can reset your dishwasher to fix the issues. If the issue persists even after resetting the dishwasher, then there must be technical issues with the dishwasher.
How do you clean food particles from the clogged filter?
A clogged filter on the dishwasher can create various issues, including leakage and foul smell.
If your dishwasher has any issues, you should clean the dishwasher filter. A dishwasher filter is located at the bottom of the dishwasher.
It stores all the food particles being washed during the wash cycle. You can clean a clogged filter by removing the filter compartment from your dishwasher.