LG is one of the renowned home appliances manufacturers in the market. They manufacture various devices, including refrigerators, AC, Washing machines, dishwashers, and other different types of devices. LG dishwashers are one of the most advanced and powerful dishwashers.
LG dishwasher comes with this advanced error detection features that automatically identify issues and problems in the dishwasher.
When it identifies an issue with the dishwasher, it will display an error code on the dishwasher. This error code is the combination of letters and numbers.
In an LG dishwasher, you will encounter various issues over time. As a result, you will have a unique error code for every issue on your dishwasher.
You can find the meaning of these codes in the dishwasher user manual.
Why is my dishwasher showing an LE error code?
Usually, there are various reasons that trigger the LE error code in the LG dishwasher. One of the major reasons behind the LE error code is a motor failure or issues related to the motor.
In some cases, the issue could also be triggered if there is an issue in the Printed Circuit Board.
If you are reading this article, you probably might be facing an LE error code on your dishwasher. If you are trying to fix this error code, you should consider every possible solution to fix the error code.
In the next section, we will discuss the error code in detail and the solution.
How to fix the LG dishwasher LE error code?
There is no particular solution to fix the LE error code in the LG dishwasher. We need to consider every possible issue to fix the error code in the dishwasher.
There are various issues that can cause an LE error code in the dishwasher. We have listed some issues and their solution to help you fix the LE error code in the LG dishwasher.
Reset the dishwasher
The first thing that I recommend to everyone is to reset the dishwasher. When you reset your dishwasher, it will erase the past configuration of your dishwasher and allow you to cycle in the new configuration.
This will fix a minor issue causing your dishwasher to encounter an LE error code. Here is the step-wise instruction to reset the LG dishwasher.
- First, disconnect the power from the dishwasher and wait for 10 to 15 seconds. Else, Turn Off the circuit breaker by disconnecting the power cord.
- Now Turn On the dishwasher, and if you have to Turn Off the circuit breaker, turn it on.
- Press the power button and then start the empty cycle on your dishwasher.
This is how you can reset the LG dishwasher. This method works in every model of LG dishwasher. If you have any problem while resetting the dishwasher, you can comment on your problem.
Faulty wiring is another issue that can encounter LE error code in the LG dishwasher. In the dishwasher, you will find various wires that connect the motor to the control panel.
Sometimes the wire can break and tear up due to high voltage current.
Therefore, first, you need to properly inspect the wires connected to various sensors and devices inside the dishwasher.
Then, if you locate the wire cut or torn up, you should replace that wire with a new one.
As mentioned earlier, the solution to this problem is to replace the broken or damaged wire from the dishwasher. You can access the dishwasher wire from the side cover of the machine. Follow the below step-wise instruction to inspect the broken or torn-up wire in the dishwasher.
- Turn off the power and water supply in your dishwasher.
- Now remove the panel securing the dishwasher control panel.
- First, you need to remove the screw securing the panel in the dishwasher.
- Once you remove all the screws, pull the panel from the dishwasher.
- I also recommend you remove the side cover of the machine. It will help you thoroughly inspect the wire on your dishwasher.
- If you find any wire torn up or broken, replace it with a new one. You may require a soldering kit for this.
- Once you replace the wire, reinstall the panel securing the dishwasher control panel.
- Turn on the power and water supply and restart your dishwasher.
Follow the above-discussed step to replace the broken or torn wire from the LG dishwasher. If this method does not align with your model, comment on your dishwasher model along with the issues.
Faulty Drain Impeller
Impeller plays an important role in directing the water into the garbage disposal. The impeller rotates during the wash cycle.
If the impeller stops rotating during the wash cycle, you will surely encounter an LE error code in your dishwasher.
The impeller mainly stops rotating if an obstacle stops the impeller from moving.
If your impeller is not moving during the wash cycle, you should identify the issue stopping the impeller from rotating.
However, if you don’t know how to look after the issue, don’t worry. In the next section, we will look solution to fix the issue with your LG dishwasher.
The impeller is located at the bottom of the dishwasher filter trap. You can inspect the impeller by removing the tray securing the dishwasher impeller.
Follow the below step-wise instruction to inspect the drain impeller on your dishwasher.
- Turn off dishwasher power and water supply.
- Open the dishwasher door and remove the bottom-most dish rack from the dishwasher.
- Pull the lower wash arm and pull the assembly out. Now remove the screw to remove the screw and remove the drain panel.
- Now here, you will see food and clog particles build if present. If there is an obstacle, you will see it here.
- You can use baking soda or vinegar-water solution to clean all the food and clog particles from the drain compartment.
- After you’ve cleaned the compartment, reinstall the parts.
- Turn on the dishwasher and see if the impeller rotates or not. If the impeller is not rotating, you should replace it with a new one.
This is how you can inspect food and clogged particles from your LG dishwasher. Besides this, if you have any issues with the method, comment on your issue.
Failure on the control board
The Control board is the brain of the dishwasher; any minor issue on the dishwasher can trigger an error code in the dishwasher.
If there is an issue on PCB, you will encounter an LE error code in your dishwasher.
PCB is a small chip that processes and sends commands to various parts, including the motor and sensor.
When the dishwasher can’t send and process commands, various sensors and devices will start malfunctioning on your dishwasher.
If the PCB is malfunctioning, you need to replace it with a new one entirely. You can buy a PCB board in the electronic store.
If the dishwasher PCB board is faulty, you should replace it with a new one. If you have bought a PCB board, follow the below step-wise instruction.
- Unplug the wire to the dishwasher and turn off the water supply valve.
- Now open the dishwasher door and remove all the screws securing the control panel of your LG dishwasher.
- After you remove the screw, slowly pull the control panel and remove the wire connecting to the dishwasher control panel.
- Now connect the wire to the new control panel.
- Reinstall the control panel and secure it with a screw.
- Restart the dishwasher and see if the problem persists or not.
This is how you can replace your existing faulty control panel with a new one. After restarting the dishwasher, see if the error code persists or not. If the error persists, check the next issue from the article.
The issue on sump assembly
If the dishwasher has an issue with sump assembly, it can also trigger the LE error code in the LG dishwasher. Sump assembly in the dishwasher control flow of water into the dishwasher drain pump.
If the sump assembly is cracked or broken, it can also create leakage in the dishwasher.
Therefore, first, I recommend you to check if there is any crack in the sump assembly or not.
If your sump assembly is broken, you should replace it with a new one. Follow the step-wise instruction if you don’t know how to replace the sump assembly.
- Turn Off the dishwasher power supply and water supply coming into the dishwasher.
- Remove all the dish racks from the dishwasher.
- Now remove the screw securing your LG dishwasher inside the dishwasher kitchen cabinet.
- Pull the dishwasher from the kitchen cabinet and lay it on the floor.
- Now remove the screw from the bottom access panel.
- Pull the panel from the dishwasher. Use pliers and lose the clamp of the overflow vent and drain hoses.
- Disconnect the overflow vent and drain hose from the sump assembly.
- Now unscrew the screw securing the sump assembly of your dishwasher.
- Replace the new sump assembly following the same step, and plug the right wire in the sump assembly.
- Reinstall overflow vent and drain hose.
- Reinstall the bottom access panel and put the dishwasher inside the kitchen cabinet.
After following the above steps, restart the dishwasher, run an empty cycle, and see if the error persists. If this instruction does not align with your dishwasher model, comment on your problem, and we will help you fix the issue on your dishwasher.
What to do if the error persists?
The above-discussed solution may not work in most of the models. If you have followed every solution and the error code persists on your dishwasher, you should call dishwasher technicians.
Likewise, if there is a complex technical issue or a need to replace parts, you should consider calling technicians.
If your dishwasher warranty period is not over, I recommend you to call the LG service center. You can check the dishwasher warranty period on your card while buying the dishwasher.
They will repair almost any kind of issue without any charges or minimum charges.
- How To Fix LG Dishwasher Error Code OE [In 2 Minutes]
- How to Fix LG Dishwasher Error Code CL [In 2 Minutes]
- How to Fix LG Dishwasher nE Error Code [In 2 Minutes]
- How to Fix LG Dishwasher AE error code [In 2 minutes]
- 5 Reasons of LG Dishwasher Not Draining [Solution]
- How to Fix LG Dishwasher Leaking Problem [ 6 Solutions]
- 11 Reasons Why LG Dishwasher Not Turning On [Solution]
LG dishwasher LE error code is not that big issue to worry about. The issue is associated with the motor or motor not operating while starting the cycle or if there is any issue while starting.
Nevertheless, you are likely to encounter an LE error code in your dishwasher.
In the above section, we’ve discussed various solutions that you can follow according to the issue with your dishwasher.
Besides this, if you have any problem related to the dishwasher error code, feel free to share your problem in the comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my dishwasher not draining?
If the dishwasher is not draining, there must be clogged or food particles buildup.
After running the cycle, food particles will flow from the drain filter to the dishwasher drain hose.
Sometimes water cannot flush these food particles, increasing the chance of food buildup in the dishwasher drain hose or filter. You can use baking soda and hot water to clean food particles buildup from the dishwasher.
Why is my dishwasher showing an error code?
The dishwasher shows an error code when something goes wrong during the operation.
There are over 15 error codes in the LG dishwasher, and each of these error codes indicates a certain issue in the dishwasher.
You can find the meaning of these error codes in the dishwasher user manual along with the solution.
Similarly, if you don’t have a dishwasher user manual, I recommend you to check LG’s official website.
Why is the LG dishwasher not starting?
If your dishwasher is not starting, there must be an internal issue related to the power supply and the motor.
If your dishwasher has any issues, you can’t operate your dishwasher smoothly.
Therefore, first, I recommend you check the power supply in the dishwasher.
Next, check the dishwasher power cord and power switch to see if it has an electrical current. You can use a multimeter to check the voltage and current on your power board.
How do I reset my LG dishwasher?
If your dishwasher is not working smoothly, it is recommended to reset your dishwasher.
To reset the LG dishwasher, first press the power button to Turn off the dishwasher and then turn off the circuit breaker.
After this, you will have to wait for 10 seconds to turn on the circuit breaker again.
Now turn on the circuit breaker and again press the power button. It will turn on your dishwasher. After this, your dishwasher will reset all its configuration settings.