One of the most popular manufacturers of appliances is Whirlpool, and their dryers are no different.
Whirlpool dryers are highly energy efficient, but they do need occasional maintenance to keep them running smoothly.
Even the best appliance will occasionally throw an error code, which means it needs some troubleshooting.
The Whirlpool dryer F70 error code is common and can be fixed easily if you know what to look for.
Read on to learn more about the error code F70 and how to troubleshoot your Whirplap dryer when it displays the F70 error code.
What is Whirlpool Dryer F70 Error Code?
The Whirlpool F70 error code can appear on several different Whirlpool dryers. The most common Whirlpool dryer models that are prone to this error code are listed below:
There can be various reasons why the Whirlpool Dryer F70 error code is taking place in your dryer,
but the most common reason is that the user interface board is not able to communicate with the main control board, which is causing the error code.
The user interface board is responsible for communicating with the main control board and other components in the dryer.
It may have a loose connection or a bad board, which can cause the F70 error code.
Additionally, in some models of Whirlpool dryers, Error code F70 can also occur when the load sensor detects a load that is too small for the dryer to handle.
This can happen if you try to dry a large load of wet clothes or if you don’t put enough clothes in the drum.
If you see the F70 error code, you’ll need to troubleshoot the dryer to clear the error code so you can get back to work.
The Whirlpool F70 error code typically means the dryer’s user interface has a bad connection.
Simple Reboot May Solve the Whirlpool Dryer F70 Error Code
While there can be a lot of reasons for this error code, different problems will require different solutions.
However, you should always start with basic troubleshooting.
Doesn’t matter which error you get on the Whirlpool dryer’s screen. You should first reboot the dryer.
If there is an error code on the screen, try rebooting it 2-3 times, and if it doesn’t go away,
then remove the power cord from the power outlet and wait for a few minutes before plugging it back.
This should solve most of the error codes in Whirlpool dryers, including the F70 code.
However, if the issue is critical and related to hardware, you will need to dig deeper into this guide to fix the issue.
Common Fixes for Whirlpool Dryer F70 Error Code
Reset the Dryer
The first thing you should do when troubleshooting the Whirlpool dryer F70 error code is reset the dryer.
Whirlpool suggests unplugging the dryer for 30 minutes, plugging it back in, and seeing if the error code clears.
Moreover, the reset method can vary depending on the model of the dryer, so you should always prefer the user manual that comes with the dryer.
After the dryer has started, you should run a time dry cycle. Watch the dry cycle closely for about a minute,
and if the error code appears, move to the next method. If the error code is gone, then well and good for you.
Install a New User Interface Board
The user control board of a Whirlpool dryer is one of the most crucial components that is located inside the back of the dryer.
This user interface board includes multiple small components that help the display show you the information.
Apart from that, the user interface board connects to several different components in the dryer that lets you control all of the settings in your Whirlpool dryer.
It’s a common part that malfunctions, especially when you see an error code like F70.
Whenever you select some settings on the screen of the dryer, the user interface board passes these settings to the main control board,
which then takes it to the drying cycle and works accordingly.
Why Does the User Interface Board Fails in Whirlpool Dryer?
The user interface board of the whirlpool dryer or any other dryer is an electrical component that works as soon as you turn on the dryer.
And as it is an electrical component, it has a high chance of failure.
There are various ways that the User Interface board in your Whirlpool or any other dryer would fail.
For instance, if there is a short circuit takes place on the board, it will not work.
Apart from that, if you are using the dryer for too long, then with time, the quality of the component can degrade,
which will result in User Interface board failure, and it is quite obvious.
Besides this, if there is a power outage in the middle of a dry cycle or if there are power surges,
it will also result in electric component damage, which can lead to User Interface board failures.
On top of that, if the user control board is somehow exposed to water or moisture, it will short out and will not function as intended.
How to Fix a Whirlpool Dryer User Interface Board?
Fixing the Whirlpool Dryer user interface board simply means that you either need to replace it completely or have a professional repair it.
If you don’t have knowledge of opening electrical components, then we would advise you to get it repaired by a technician.
To replace the user interface board, you need to check the wiring to the board to see if a wire is loose or disconnected.
If nothing is visibly wrong with the wiring, you may need to replace the board.
If you replace the board and the error code still appears, you may need to contact Whirlpool’s official support.
- Turn off your Whirlpool dryer and disconnect it from the power outlet.
- 2. Make sure to keep the user manual along with the tools ready, as you will need them throughout the repair.
- As we have already mentioned above, the user interface board in most of the Whirlpool dryers is located on the backside. However, you must check the user manual to confirm.
- Start by taking out the dryer’s top panel using the screwdriver.
- Unscrew the mounting screws and take out the control panel mounting bracket.
- Next, disconnect the electrical connection to the control panel.
- Then, you need to take out the user interface board from the mounting bracket.
- Install the new user interface board on the mounting bracketing and place everything back into the dryer.
- Connect the control panel wiring and then tighten all the screws along with the back panel.
- Check if the Whirlpool Dryer F70 error code still exists.
Inspect Control Board Connectors
The control board is the main board in the dryer. It receives data from sensors to detect how many items are inside the dryer,
what temperature they are at, and how long the dryer has been running.
When the F70 error code appears, it’s a good idea to inspect the control board.
The board may have shorted out, which is resulting in error code F70.
You can usually fix this problem by replacing the main control board or getting it repaired by the technician.
Why do the Control Board Connectors Loose Out?
Similar to the user interface board, the control board is a printed circuit board with a lot of components on top of it.
When there is a power outage in the middle of a drying cycle, a short circuit on the board, or the board gets exposed to moisture. There is a high chance of it getting failed.
Apart from that, regular wear and tear can take place as the control board is an electrical component, which can result in the error code F70.
How to Replace Main Control Board in Whirlpool Dryer?
- First of all, you need to disconnect the dryer from power.
- Next, take out the user manual to get an idea of where the control board is located in your dryer. Usually, it is located on the top of the dryer.
- Take out the top panel of the Whirlpool dryer by unscrewing the screws.
- Unthread the screws that hold the main control board in place and then disconnect the wires.
- Next, install the new control board in its place and then connect the wires.
- Tight all the mourning screws and then place back the top panel and mount all the screws.
- Check if the Whirlpool dryer Error code F70 is gone or not.
Main Control Board Wire Connectors
The main control board has a lot of wires connected to it, which can lose their connection over time.
If this happens, the Whirlpool Dryer F70 error code can take placed. The main control board has some critical connectors that comminute with other components of the dryer,
like the user interface board and other components.
Why does It happen?
Similar to other problems, this problem can also have various reasons. The most common reason could be you.
Yes, you! You might have opened the dryer in the past, and you may have hit the wires or connectors unintentionally, which will lead to a loose connection over time.
The main control board wire connector will lose the connection to the board completely, which will result in a Whirlpool Dryer F70 error code.
Apart from that, there can be rust or corrosion which can take place on the connections,
which will result in wear and tear, and will lead to the F70 error code.
How to Fix Main Control Board Wire Connectors in Whirlpool Dryer?
To fix this problem in your whirlpool dryer, we would advise you to use your phone or camera and take photographs of the wiring before touching it.
Else you will incorrectly connect the wire, which can lead to a short out and damage.
Moreover, if you find out that a wire has completely detached from the board and you don’t know where you should connect it,
you should take out the control board and take it to a local repair shop to get it repaired cheaply.
- To start, turn off the dryer and take out the power cord from the power outlet.
- Next, you have to remove the access panel. In most of the Whirlpool dryers, you need to remove the top panel to access the control board. However, the location can vary, so be sure to check the user manual as well.
- Use a screwdriver and unthread all the mounting screws that hold the top panel in place.
- Gently lift out the top panel and place it aside.
- The main control board will be exposed.
- You need to check the wiring, but before that, make sure to take photographs.
- After that, trace the wiring and check if the connection is not loose. You need to check both ends of the control board to ensure that it is not loose or broken.
- If you don’t see any loose or broken connection, then you need to ensure that the wires are not rusted or corroded because if that is the case, you may need to change the entire wiring.
- To change the entire wiring, you need to take the control board to the repair shop, and the technician can only change the entire wiring as it is a complicated process.
- Why My Whirlpool Dryer Overheating [Solution]
- Why My Whirlpool Dryer Not Heating Up [Solution]
- How to Fix F3E2 Whirlpool Dryer Code [In 2 Minutes]
- 12 Reasons Why Whirlpool Dryer Won’t Start [Solved]
- How to Fix Whirlpool Cabrio Dryer AF Code [Solution]
In short, the Whirlpool dryer is great when it comes to features, reliability, and trust.
However, with time even the best and most premium appliances can have problems.
The Whirlpool Dryer F70 error code can be easily solved if you have basic knowledge of how everything works.
If you cope with this guide, you will be able to easily resolve the Whirlpool Dryer F70 error code.
You just need the basic tools along with the user manual, and if you are a beginner, then you can also have someone to assist you so that you don’t break any internal components.
Hopefully, you will be able to fix your Whirlpool Dryer F70 error code.
If you are still having a problem with your Whirlpool dryer, you can call the Whirlpool technician and ask them to fix it.