Are you having trouble resetting the LG dryer? Does your dryer reset button keep tripping?
If your answer is yes you are not alone in who is facing this issue.
There are many users who are facing this same particular issue on their dryers.
LG dryer is equipped with the latest technology and tools that allows smooth functioning operation in the dryer.
However, after some time like every other electronic appliance dryer also stop functioning properly.
Coming straight to the point today in this article we will discuss various reasons and their solution to prevent the LG dryer reset button from tripping.
Why does the LG dryer reset button keep tripping?
There are number of reasons why the LG dryer reset button keeps tripping.
However, the most common cause behind this problem is a faulty motor or loose wires in the terminal block.
A tripping dryer can trigger electrical hazards therefore you should fix it as soon as possible on your dryer.
In the next section of the article, we are going to discuss various reasons and their solution to fix the tripping problem of LG dryers.
How to prevent the LG Dryer reset button from tripping?
As I mentioned earlier a tripping dryer can trigger various problems in the dryer.
To prevent or fix this problem there are a few things that you can inspect on your dryer.
If your dryer heats up too much it can result in an LG dryer reset button that keeps tripping issue.
Check the control panel and make sure you are not using a dryer at a higher temperature.
If you don’t know to regulate the temperature of the dryer take reference from the dryer owner manual.
Sometimes the dryer can heat up due to other reasons like a Blocked dryer vent, clogged lint filter, and clogged drain lines.
If the dryer has any of these issues it can also result in a heating issue in the dryer which can later trip the reset button.
If your dryer is overheating first thing that you should check is the temperature setting on your dryer.
Too high a temperature is very likely to trip the reset button on the dryer.
Besides this, a clogged or dirty air circulation vent also causes a tripping issue in the LG dryer.
The dryer vent is one of the important components of the LG dryer. If the vent is clogged it can trap hot air inside resulting in a tripping issue.
Therefore, it is recommended to check the exterior vent from time to time. In addition to this, you should also check the lint filter it can also get clogged over time.
The thermostat is another important component of the LG dryer.
It is responsible for regulating the temperature inside the dryer. If your dryer is tripping it is possible that the thermostat may not be working properly.
A faulty thermostat will stop regulating the temperature which can result in overheating issues in the dryer.
In most the dryer thermostat is located around the dryer heating element. You can do a continuity test to identify if the dryer is working properly or not.
Unlike other components, you cannot diagnose or repair a faulty thermostat. If it is defective you should replace it with a new thermostat.
If you don’t know how to identify a defective thermostat don’t worry.
Here we will discuss step-wise instructions to test and replace the defective thermostat from the LG dryer.
- Before we start the procedure make sure to remove the power cord from the power outlet.
- Pull the dryer away from the wall.
- Now unthread the five screws from the bracket. Slide the upper panel and lift it from the dryer.
- Locate the control panel of the dryer and unthread the screw securing the control panel. Press the three tabs securing the panel and lift it from the dryer.
- Disconnect the wire harness from the control panel PCB assembly.
- Now unplug the LED light wire and door switch wire. Also, remove the routing lip from the bulkhead.
- Open the dryer doors and unthread the screw securing the lower half of the panel.
- Now remove the three screws securing the front access panel of the dryer. However, make sure to hold the panel while removing the screws.
- After removing the screws lift the panel and keep it aside. Disconnect the moisture sensor plug located at the bottom of the dryer.
- Unthread the screw holding the cross brace of the dryer. Again, remove all the screws securing the bulkhead of the dryer and remove the bulkhead from the dryer.
- Now depress the pulley and release the belt from the tension. And, remove the drum from the dryer.
- On the right side of the dryer, you will find a thermostat switch with red and white wires. Unplug the wires from the switch.
- Now set your multimeter into continuity settings and touch one of both probes on the thermostat terminal. If the thermostat is defective the multimeter will not produce an audible sound. Similarly, if it is defective you will hear an audible noise.
- If the thermostat is defective unthread the screws securing the thermostat. Now install a new thermostat on the housing and connect the wire.
- Install and connect all the parts and wires that you have removed during the process.
- Try restarting the dryer and see if the reset button trips or not.
This is the step-wise procedure to test the thermostat switch and replace in case it is defective.
If this step-wise instructions doesn’t align with your model of dryer. Then, I recommend you to take reference of the owner manual and start the replacement procedure.
3.Circuit breaker is weak
A weak circuit breaker is another reason behind the LG dryer reset button keeps tripping issue. Over time circuit breaker can get weak and can trip normally.
Before we conclude circuit breaker is weak first ensure all the wires are properly connected, check for defective components and ensure that the amperage draws with a meter.
If you notice your circuit breaker is weak or loose replace the circuit breaker of your dryer.
To replace the circuit breaker I suggest you contact dryer technicians or your supplier.
They will replace and diagnose other issues causing tripping issues in your dryer.
4.Heating element assembly failure
The heating element is another important crucial part of the LG dryer.
Without a heating element, you cannot dry your clothes. The heating element assembly failure also triggers a tripping problem in the LG dryer.
It is possible that the coil or wire strip inside the heating element may have burned.
The heating element is located at the bottom right corner of the dryer. You must remove the front access panel to inspect the heating element.
If you don’t know how to access the heating element follow the below step-wise instruction.
- First of all turn off the dryer power supply.
- Depending upon the model the process to remove the front access panel can vary. Therefore, I suggest you check the owner’s manual of your dryer.
- First, unthread all the screws securing the front access panel. Now remove the panel from the dryer.
- After removing the front access panel disconnect the door switch wire and moisture sensor wire.
- Now unthread the screw holding bulkhead of the dryer. Lift the bulkhead and keep it aside from the dryer.
- Release the belt tension from the pulley and remove the drum out from the dryer.
- Disconnect the bottom two heating element wires. Also, remove the appropriate wires from the rear high-limit thermostat.
- Now release all the connected wires from the retainer clip. Now remove the screw securing the heating element to the mounting bracket.
- Lift the heating element out of the dryer. Inspect the heating element coil and make sure it is not burnt or broken. If the heating element is broken or burnt you need to replace the heating element of your dryer.
- If there is no visible defect test the heating element assembly using a multimeter. To test the heating element assembly first set your multimeter into continuity settings.
- Touch one of each of the probes on each of the elements’ wire terminals. If the heating element is good multimeter will produce audible beeping noise. A bad heating element will not make an audible beeping noise.
If your heating element does not make beeping noises consider replacing the heating element.
The drive motor is an important component of the dryer it creates tension in the dryer belt and helps the drum to rotate.
A faulty or defective drive motor can short out internally causing the reset button to trip.
It is possible that the drive motor may have gone short due to electrical hazards. You cannot tell if the motor is in good working condition or has gone short.
For this, you must conduct a continuity test on your dryer. However, I won’t recommend you to do continuity all by yourself you should seek the help of technicians.
Unlike other component dryer drive motor is very hard to access and requires you to have technical knowledge of electronic appliances.
What to do if the problem persists?
If your LG dryer reset button still tripping there must be some technical fault inside the dryer.
A faulty control panel can also trigger such a problem in the dryer. I won’t recommend you troubleshoot the control panel by yourself.
The control panel is very important and the heart of the dryer.
You should contact dryer technicians or your supplier to diagnose the problem.
If your dryer is showing this problem during the warranty period feel free to contact your supplier.
You can diagnose your dryer free of cost. However, make sure to check the warranty card is not lost and check the warranty period.
- 5 Reasons Why LG Dryer Say Cooling [Fixed]
- How to Fix LG Dryer D95 Error Code [Solution]
- How to Solve LG Dryer D90 Code Error [Fixed]
- How to Solve LG Dryer D80 Code Error [Fix Quickly]
- How to Solve LG Dryer D80 Code Error [Fix Quickly]
- 6 Reasons LG Dryer nP Code Error [Solution]
- Why LG Dryer Not Heating Up [Fixed in 2 minutes]
LG dryer reset button keeps tripping is one of the common problems complained by many LG dryer users.
Therefore, in this article, we have tried to cover all the possible reasons that could cause reset button tripping issues in LG dryers.
The troubleshooting technique may not work in all the models of LG dryers. Because, every model is different from each other and their
So, I recommend you to take reference to the owner’s manual while troubleshooting the problem.
I hope that the article was helpful to you. And, I assumed you’ve successfully diagnosed LG dryer reset button tripping issues.
Besides this, if you have any problem related to LG make sure to leave it down below in the comment.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I run diagnostic mode in my LG dryer?
To run diagnostic mode first locate the temperature control and signal button on your dryer. Now long press and hold the temperature control and signal buttons simultaneously and then press the power button. After doing so dryer display panel should display In5. Upon displaying press the Start/pause button after this diagnostic mode will start in your dryer.
Why is my LG dryer not drying?
If your LG dryer takes a long time to dry the clothes after a complete dry cycle. There must be some kind of blockage inside the dryer vent. Sometimes it is possible the vent could block the air circulation due to lint or clogged build-up. Therefore, it is recommended to inspect and clean the vent at least once a month.
How to test my LG dryer Moisture sensor?
Are your clothes not drying properly? If your clothes are not drying there must be some issue with the moisture sensor of your dryer. To test the moisture sensor you must locate it first on your dryer. Once you locate the moisture sensor make sure it is not covered with dirt or residue.
Why does my dryer shut off after a few seconds of a cycle?
The most common reason for this problem is a broken or worn-out dryer belt. Over time dryer belt can be worn out which can result in various problems including the dryer turning automatically off. Inspect the dryer belt and make sure it is not worn out. If it is worn out consider replacing the belt with a new one.